Category: State Incentives, Grants & Loans
AGENCY: Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Administration for Native Americans (ANA)
DESCRIPTION: Provides financial assistance through grants or contracts to further the three goals of the ANA: governance, economic development and social development.
• Technical assistance and training to develop conduct and administer projects.
• Funding to public or private agencies to assist local residents in overcoming special obstacles to social and economic development.
• The following organizations are eligible to apply for grants with the Administration for Native Americans (ANA):
• Federally recognized Indian Tribes;
• Consortia of IndianTribes;
• Incorporated non-federally recognized Tribes;
• Incorporated non-profit multi-purpose community-based Indian organizations;and
• Maximum Program Benefits: Up to 80% of program cost, however, no set maximum or minimum grant amount.
• Terms: Single or multi-year.
• Approximately $5 million in grants are distributed during three closings each fiscal year, usually in February, May and October.
• Grant applicants must establish their own budgets.
• Visit the homepage at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/program_information.html, the regional page at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/region6/, or phone the Dallas office at (214)767-9648.