Category: Local Incentives, Grants & Loans
AGENCY: Los Alamos & Sandia National Laboratories
DESCRIPTION: The New Mexico Small Business Assistance Program solves small business challenges through national laboratory expertise.
• Los Alamos and Sandia National Laboratory scientists and engineers provide technical assistance at no cost to small businesses.
• Technical assistance may be provided on testing and design consultation.
• Access to special equipment or facilities may also be provided. QUALIFICATIONS/CRITERIA:
• Small businesses may request assistance anytime.
• Leveraged projects are considered once a year. Leveraged projects involve multiple businesses seeking to collectively address a shared challenge.
• To qualify, a business must be certified as a New Mexico small business (generally less than 500 employees) and provide New Mexico tax identification.
• Applicants will be expected to:
• Explain the problem faced by the smal lbusiness;
• What expertise NMSBA offers that can’t be found in the private sector at a reasonable
• The expected benefit to the participating small business.
• For more information visit the website at http://www.nmsbaprogram.org/ or call Los Alamos National Laboratory at (505) 667-1710 or Sandia National Laboratory at (505) 844-9623.