Category: State Incentives, Grants & Loans
AGENCY: Transportation Department, Aviation Division
DESCRIPTION: The purpose of the New Mexico Aviation Funding Program is to assist communities financially with their airport facilities.
• Funding may be used to:
• Construct new facilities;
• Improve existing facilities;or
• Maintain existing facilities.
• Financial assistance is provided through a combination of:
• 95% Federal Aviation Administration funds;
• 2.5% New Mexico aviation program funds; and
• 2.5% community funds, if possible.
• The Aviation Division facilitates the application process through the Federal Aviation Administration on behalf of a community.
• Funds are dispersed based on the needs of an aviation facility and the states fiscal budget beginning in July of each year.
• Visit the Aviation Division’s webpage at http://nmshtd.state.nm.us/main.asp?secid=10871 or call (505) 244-1788.