First Nations Oweesta Corporation
AGENCY: First Nations Financial Project (FNFP), Oweesta Program
DESCRIPTION: As part of an ongoing effort to stimulate small businesses, home ownership and economic development in Native Communities, OWEESTA provides the training and technical assistance needed to get Native Community Development Financial Institution (NCDFI) up and running.
Training and technical assistance programs will address:
• CDFI basic building blocks and market analysis.
• The lending process.
• Board of Directors training.
• Ongoing operational issues.
• Institutional structure and policy.
• Business planning and implementation.
• Fundraising for Native CDFIs.
• Financial education programming.
• Visit Oweesta homepage at www.oweesta.org.
Category: Local Incentives, Business Expansion
More Local Incentives, Business Expansion