Category: Local Incentives, Grants & Loans
AGENCY: US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development (RD), Rural Housing Service (RHS)
DESCRIPTION: RD Self Help provides grants for technical assistance in building low-income housing.
ELIGIBLITY: Uses include technical assistance that will help very low- and low-income families build homes in rural areas by the self-help method.
• The program often pays a construction supervisor to supervise the families while they build their ?homes.
• Section 523 Grant funds may not be used for the purchase of land or for actual construction costs.
• Eligible entities include: states or political subdivisions, public or private non-profit corporations, ?and Indian Tribes.
• Maximum Program Benefits: Grants must have prior funding authorization from the National Office. The term is two years.
• For more information, visit http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rbs/.