SBA Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
AGENCY: Small Business Administration (SBA)
DESCRIPTION: SCORE is a volunteer program sponsored by the SBA. The program matches volunteers with small business owners who need advice.
• In-depth counseling and training in a variety of subjects is provided to existing businesses, including:
• Identification of basic management problems;
• Review of distribution channels;
• Expansion evaluation;
• Modification of products;and
• Other business challenges.
• Consultation and counseling may also be provided to prospective business owners.
• Maximum Program Benefits: Most SCORE volunteers are retired. They possess a variety of management and technical skills. Counselor's offer individual counseling for the purpose of analyzing and defining business problems and finding solutions.
• Fees: Nominal fees for training programs. No fees for counseling.
• The approach is confidential and person-to-person.
• Business owners do not have to have an SBA loan to participate.
• For more on SCORE, http://www.score.org/explore_score.html, homepage at http://www.sba.gov/starting_business/index.html, or call (800) 659-2955.
Category: Local Incentives, Training & Consulting
More Local Incentives, Training & Consulting