DESCRIPTION: Angel investors and angel investor groups are sources of private capital. Most investors keep their information and operations private. However, certain non-profit intermediary groups are often set up to screen businesses before requests are presented to angel investors.
• Fund raising.
• Generally require less control of business than venture capital.
• Generally require a slower return on investment than venture capital.
• Invest in both technology and non-technology businesses.
• Invest across stages-early stage seed venture to later stage mezzanine financing. NM Angels:
• New Mexico Angels, Inc. is a not-for-profit [501(c)(6)] affiliation of accredited private investors and members of venture capital companies working together to invest in New Mexico-based, high growth potential early stage and seed companies.
• Visit their investor site at http://www.nmangels.com or call (505) 843-4206.
Category: Local Incentives, Business Expansion
More Local Incentives, Business Expansion