DESCRIPTION: Venture capital is a source of private capital.
• Fund raising technique.
• Generally requires the exchange of equity in return for funding.
• Generally requires a high rate of return on investment (20% per annum).
• Typical investment ranges from $500,000 to many millions of dollars.
• Invest in both technology and non-technology businesses.
• Invest across stages-early stage seed venture to later stage mezzanine financing. QUALIFICATION CRITERIA/COMMENTS:
• For more information on venture capital see 7-2D-1 NMSA or visit the New Mexico Venture Capital Association (NMVCA) website at http://nmvca.org.
Category: State Incentives, Grants & Loans
More State Incentives, Grants & Loans