RD Rural Housing Repair and Rehabilitation Loan and Grant Programs
AGENCY: U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development (RD), Rural Housing Service (RHS)
DESCRIPTION: The Rural Housing Repair and Rehabilitation Loan and Grant Programs provide loans and grants for home repair and improvements in rural areas.
• Funding for the removal of health and safety hazards, or to repair, improve or modernize.
• Maximum Program Benefits: The maximum loan is $20,000; the maximum grant is $7,500.?• Grants are only authorized for the elderly (62 years of age or older) who are unable to repay the
• Equity: Although an official appraisal procedure is not usually done, the value of the property must be ?adequate to secure the loan.
• Term: Up to 20 years.
• Rates: 1% for loans.
• Fees: Closing cost fees may be charged on larger loans. These can be incorporated into the loan ?amount. ?
• The program applies to very-low income owner-occupants who do not have enough income to qualify for Section 502 assistance (RD Rural Housing Insured Loan). The maximum adjusted income for eligibility is 50% of area median income.
• Loan applicants must demonstrate the ability to repay the loan.
• Loan and grant applicants must own and occupy the property that needs repairs.
• For more information, visit https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/single-family-housing-repair-loans-grants or the Rural Development Homepage: https://www.rd.usda.gov/.
Category: Federal Incentives, Grants & Loans
More Federal Incentives, Grants & Loans